Frequently Asked Questions

About Us:

What job categories do Whitman Associates specialize in?

Whitman specializes in the placement of office support personnel. The majority of our placements are administrative and secretarial in nature. For more information, visit the Job Category section of our website.

Does Whitman Associates only fill temporary positions?

No, Whitman has a variety of temporary, permanent and temp-to-hire opportunities.

What is the average length of a temporary assignment?

Our temporary assignments vary in length due to the needs of our clients. We have everything from daily assignments to long-term assignments lasting for six months or more.

Where is Whitman Associates located?

Whitman’s office is located at 1712 I Street NW, Suite 200. We are centrally located right off the corner of I and 17th streets.

What is the closest metro station?

Farragut West on the Orange and Blue lines would be the closest metro station to our office, and Farragut North on the Red line is only a couple blocks away.

What are your hours?

Whitman Associates is open Monday through Friday between 9:00AM and 5:00PM.



How do I apply to be a temporary employee of Whitman Associates?

To apply, simply email your resume to us at You can also include a brief cover letter to let us know a little more about you and what you are looking for. You may also fax your resume to 202-659-1354.

Can I stop by to drop off my resume and speak with a Personnel Associate?

Whitman Associates does not accept walk-ins; we are by appointment only. If you are interested in applying and setting up an appointment, please submit your resume via email or fax. An associate will contact you to set up an appointment if we have a potential position for you.

I recently submitted my resume, how long should it be until I hear back?

Whitman Associates receives a large amount of resumes per day, and we cannot feasibly contact every candidate who applies. Our job counselors review the resumes daily and contact applicants that appear to be a good fit for any of our open positions.

What does it mean if I don’t hear back from Whitman?

If you do not receive an email or a phone call from a job counselor, that means Whitman does not currently have a job opening that would be a good fit with your background.

I submitted my resume a few months ago and never heard back. Should I send it again?

If you have previously submitted your resume to us and we did not have a job for you at that time, please feel free to resubmit it. Our open positions change daily, so if we didn’t have something for you a few months ago, it is possible that we will have a new opening more in line with your background. However, you do not have to submit a resume for each individual job posting.

Do I have to call to check in after submitting my resume?

No, there is no need to check in if you received an automatic response to your resume submission. If you received the automatic email response, that means we have your resume and will contact you if we have a position for you.



I came in for an appointment and completed the testing. Do I need to check in to be considered for a position?

There is no need for you to check in unless you have a question. We will let you know if we need anything further from you in order to get you working, otherwise we will keep you in the loop as new positions come in.

I was called about an assignment and I start next week. What do I need to do?

If we don’t already have it, we need your direct deposit form back immediately in order to set you up in our payroll and get you paid on time. Once you have filled out the form, please email it to or fax it to 202-659-1354.

Where can I find a direct deposit form?

On the main page of Whitman’s website, go to the top of the page and click on JOB SEEKERS, then click on TEMPORARY PLACEMENT SERVICES and you will find a downloadable direct deposit form at the bottom of the page.

I’m running late/I need to call out sick, should I call the client to let them know?

If you are ever running late or need to call out sick from your assignment, do not call the client directly. Call Whitman’s office at 202-659-2111 and let us know, and we will take care of letting the client know and getting someone to fill in if necessary. If it is after hours, call the office and follow the prompt to extension #15. Leave a message in extension 15’s voicemail and Julie will receive a page. If you leave the message in any other voicemail at the office, we will not receive it until the next morning. You can also email Julie at

What do I need to do with my timesheet every week?

You need to fill out a timesheet for every week of work. Every day, mark on your time sheet when you arrive, when you clock out for lunch, when you clock back in from lunch and when you leave. You will be paid for your hours worked minus the time for lunch.

Where do I get timesheets?

You can find downloadable timesheets if you go to the main page of Whitman’s website, then go to the top of the page and click on JOB SEEKERS, then click on TEMPORARY PLACEMENT SERVICES and you will find a downloadable timesheet form at the bottom of the page.

How do I submit my timesheets?

Have your supervisor sign your timesheet every Friday. If your supervisor is unavailable or you are having an issue getting the signature, call Julie at 202-659-2111 and we will try to help. Timesheets are due by 12:00PM every Monday. Payroll closes at noon, so any timesheets received after then will not be processed until the next week and you will not be paid that Friday. You can either email your signed and completed timesheet to or fax it to 202-659-1354.

How often am I paid?

Working temps will receive a paycheck via direct deposit every Friday, except for the Friday of the first week they work. You will be paid for the hours you submitted that Monday. For example, if you start work on a Monday, you will receive your first paycheck the following Friday, if you returned your signed timesheet on time.



I’m interested in hiring a temporary employee, whom should I talk to?

If you are looking to hire a Whitman temp, please call Julie Lindgren at 202-659-2111.

I’m interested in using your services to help me fill a permanent position, whom should I talk to?

If you are looking for help filling a permanent position, please call  Julie Lindgren at 202-659-2111.

We had a Whitman temp working in our office and I would like to provide information on his/her performance. Do you have a survey I could fill out?

Yes, on our website if you go to the EMPLOYERS tab and then click on TEMPORARY STAFFING, you will find a link to our Temp Evaluation Form. The link will bring you to an online survey you can fill out regarding the performance of a Whitman temp.