With the weather slowly getting colder and the days getting shorter, it can be difficult for professionals to transition from their fun summer schedules into the hectic end-of-year rush. We have provided some advice below that is sure to help any professional stay positive and upbeat during their transition into fall.
1. Soak up as much daylight as possible:
- In the winter, working professionals can end up spending all of their daylight hours indoors, so take advantage of the sun whenever possible.
- Take a walk outside during your lunch break or volunteer to run errands for the office in order to get some time with the sun.
- There are also tons of fun outdoor activities that you can pursue over your fall weekends such as picking apples, visiting a pumpkin patch, or heading to a local winery.
2. Exercise regularly:
- It’s easy to fall into an exercise-rut during the winter months, so try to get into a work out routine that you can maintain throughout the season.
- Exercising boosts endorphins, which in turn boost your energy and happiness levels.
3. Take a new class:
- The fall is widely recognized as back-to-school season and that doesn’t mean just for the kids!
- Take advantage of the new school year and learn a new skill by taking a software course, certification class, or even a new fitness class.
4. Fall cleaning:
- Everyone has heard of spring-cleaning, but fall is also a great time to get organized and tidy up after a busy summer.
- Organize your desk and files to ensure you have your work in order before the big end-of-year rush kicks in.
5. Update your winter wardrobe:
- With the summer coming to a close, it’s time to put away your short sleeves and take out your cold-weather clothing.
- Take advantage of back-to-school clothing sales to fill your wardrobe with professional yet warm pieces that could easily transition from weekday to weekend.