Although office experience and software knowledge are necessary to excel in the workplace, your personality and ability to get along with others is equally important.
Always remember to:
- Get along with coworkers and supervisors. Be part of the team. Compromise and learn from other’s ideas, even if these ideas are very different from your own.
- Think before you speak. Sometimes it is better to keep your thoughts to yourself.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Be eager and grow from other’s ideas and accept new projects/assignments as opportunities to succeed.
- Offer to help others who might appreciate your help.
- Smile. It is nice to greet your coworkers and supervisors.